View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Good advice but be careful as it can get expensive in a hurry. What I'm saying is, if your boy can stack hunting arrows with BHs you can wreck a pile of components in a hurry. I number all my arrows and shoot at individual bulls. You'll still be able to see how arrows are grouping by keeping track on paper and you won't be slicing off fletchings or driving BHs into the back of one another etc. If the bow, arrows and shooter are tuned are tuned they'll group.

When I started, practiced my butt off out to 40 yards. Had good groups and was ready. So I thought. Second night in a tree I had a buck at 12 yards and fell apart with the excitement. Took me two arrows at that distance! Not everyone is the same but food for thought. In the moment, especially you're first one as can be testified by losing your virginity. Things can go off the rails in a hurry.
Agreed I learned the hard way shooting groups at distance with broadheads. Told myself the odds at 60 were low I was wrong. One thing I'll do now is shoot a broadhead first then two or three field points go up check when I pull my broadhead I mark it with a small dowel or similar. Go back repeat with next arrow in the quiver. After 5 rounds you'll know how your broad heads group and how they compare to your field points