View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacCowboy View Post
I agree a really deep dive into the total river eco system is needed to determine what is "Normal". Whitefish stocks have also been declining and those have much less angling pressure. Post floods bow is a different water body compared to prior. Not just the floods but mitigation, New bridges, development.
They really need to do their homework. Just showing a decline curve of 40-50% or so population and a 15% increase in fishing pressure is a pretty poor correlation... Go back, do your homework before taking drastic steps that damage credibility. If suggesting changes, be prepared to defend them with wholistic data and time bound/measurable recovery plans. This cr&p just doesn’t cut it and erodes public trust. Is there a problem? Seems like it. All they can conclude at this moment is the #’s are down and pressure is up slightly. Ok and...the solution is to shut it down...it doesn’t take highly paid individuals to think of this tactic, a child could do it. The bio’s live here too and should be ashamed. We deserve better as a province otherwise just gut the department, shut everything down, and save us our tax dollars.