View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekan View Post
Things learned from handling covid will help with the next pandemic. Humans learn and adapt and eventually overcome.

Other than the mask wearing, I didn't really mind all the lock downs. But nobody I knew needed to be hospitalized either......
I think it’s gonna go the other way. Plenty of people died, but more were inconvenienced without harm. Even worse, it got political. Next time people won’t take it seriously, and we will have another Spanish flu level mortality event. H5N1 is certainly a candidate for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_NK28 View Post
Sorry but I am suspect of all this kind of information-warning rhetoric, When animal populations are high mother nature knocks them back down. Nobody worried about these things before the information super highway aka internet exploded. In my opinion this is a part of the anti-hunting agenda. Kill the hunting by trying to scare everyone into believing they will die from some virus or bacteria from an animal they have harvested. I'm not dead or sick yet from handling or eating hundreds of dead birds and animals. Since I quit eating domestic raised meats and only eat wild game and fish I catch(unless I am away from home working) I have never been healthier or felt better. I'll take my chances. Have to die some day and I'd prefer to go sooner eating good fresh protein I harvest than some hormone injected cow or chicken.
You are correct on the first part, and also one of 8 billion animals of the same species. Think about that for a bit.

Wrong on the second. Pandemics have been part of human history forever.

Influenza is an avian virus. It jumped to humans when the Chinese domesticated ducks, and has been part of our lives ever since. At several points it has killed nearly half the humans it infected.

I’m not saying don’t eat geese, I’m saying be careful and don’t confuse political rhetoric with epidemiology.