View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 09:50 AM

I have an indigenous relative that might be interested to assist a farmer and take a grizzly.

To be clear, I am not myself with a status card, but would probably go with them.

It's not unusual to get some commentary in this sort of situation about using an indigenous person to shoot more game or out of season. That's not my interest, the risk of losing a rifle and vehicle to such activities makes me hesitant to even be present to an indigenous person hunting. My brothers wife is also an indigenous person and he has had some CO's pretend to be detectives and play games with them to try and get some sort of incriminating statement with random phone calls pretending to be someone else. Funny story...

She shoots an x-bolt 30-06 but prefers his A-bolt 300WM believe it or not and only shoots for the deep freeze.

But to be honest I wouldn't mind trying to foster a relationship where respectful hunting access may be supported, and future problem bears can be dispatched. If dispatching a bear takes a few days, some assistance to find a camping spot within 20-30 minutes would be helpful.

Normally I travel to the spirit river / peace river area in the fall for hunting but live in Calgary.

Feel free to PM only if your looking for assistance and we can chat on a phone later.