View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
I offered a similar suggestion to one of the GB biologists that presented a meeting down here quite a few years ago now. I pushed it and it never went anywhere, obviously.

They didn’t want to hear a hunting option of any sort. The big push around here now is, live with the bears.

Waterton biosphere is another big joke. Live with the bears, even if they are a threat to your family and livestock.

Political joke for the most part.
Absolutely. It’s all about politics….
Biologists do their job (and do it well, IMO). But they make recommendations, they don’t set policy. I would imagine they know as well as all of us that when you’re on the eastern slopes, you can see that grizzlies have expanded their range and numbers to what is quite frankly, getting to be dangerous. We don’t live in the 1800’s and deadly bear encounters are only going to go up and up. They can make all the recommendations they want, but as long as the political will isn’t there, the hunt won’t be reinstated.
I really think they should - especially east of the trunk road, where population density is higher and there’s a higher potential for negative human-bear interactions. But I’d bet it won’t come back. Not while politics and feelings overrule logic and biology.