Thread: FHA auction
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 08:53 PM

Had great hopes on Muskrat for this sale, but the buyers selectively took the top and bottom lots only. I got 7.60 US on top and .50 - 2.60 on bottom. Perhaps next sale... Most of these rats have been "orphaned for awhile now. Valuations need to meet the market I guess.

US dollars below, on my shipment:

Great to see a staple of the fur market back - Beaver! 44 top, 17.50 low, 33 average...... on ALL sizes including Med and Sm. amazing.

What shocked me was how the prices kept rising during the Beaver auction, into the damages and smalls, culminating in a gob smacking $9.50 US for X Small DGD! Ha, pretty much says it all! An extra small just might cover the lap top I am typing on! ha some of the buyers were realizing that there would be no DEALS on that day, even on the marginal goods!

Will the market sustain an inevitable increase in production now? Thoughts guys? Next sale probably safe, with only 3 week window between auction results and last receiving date. Next winter.... all bets are off.

Marten a 66 high, 46.58 average, which is an improvement for sure

Coyotes (mostly left over from last year - "picked over" lower end) + C colors etc. I am Ok with 50 high, 29.36 average. Will ship the good coyotes on next sale.

Weasels did really well ... first top lot weasel for this trapper

Fox no sale

All in all, the fur market appears to have some life - even with all the geopolitical / economic issues going on in this crazy world!