View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLH View Post
Ok I just quickly looked at the regs and the guide thing I'll pass on as I cant quite figure that out although from the regs "Nonresident big and trophy game hunters are required to obtain a professional outfitter or resident guide while hunting in any federally designated wilderness area. All outfitters must be licensed by the Wyoming Board of Outfitters and Professional Guides." So there is something else going on private land I guess.

Non resident antelope tag, $326, non resident antelope landowner $326, non resident antelope special $614. You can get doe and fawn for less. Plus hunting permits...
This is antelope only in the highest density antelope population jurisdiction anywhere. Looks like you could get drawn virtually every year but not every year in the best zones.

Also a quick calculation. They have more quota than we have antelope.

Elk draws are way tuffer to get.

So for the trespass fee. My quick look around is $250 a day. But you had the freind so. A quick google shows some trespass fees to be higher than that in the "trophy " zones.

All that said there are areas of public land that are free.

Sort of like our white tail.
Nice you took the time to look at tag cost.
Price of $250 was not per day it was a one time trespass fee per hunter and yes you can hunt public free. I'd say pretty good cost for being able to hunt antelope every year and have a bunch of land to hunt....