Thread: Bill 24
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Please let me know how a teacher would know if a parent is going to beat the living tar out of their child? Osmosis? Psychic giftings?? Crystal balls??? Do you really think that this doesn't happen to kids coming out??? Are you so blinded by your political conservatism that you can't figure out that a gay kid doesn't need another layer of fear in their lives that a teacher, who is supposed to be a trusting adult figure, may rat them out to their parent who may be very against their sexuality, which they did not choose in the first place?

This is not a perfect bill. Life is not perfect, nor is it lived out in black or white. It's not the role of a teacher. We teach curriculum. We are not psychoanalysts. And I am comfortable in making the blanket statement that if a parent is unaware that their child is gay, they are approaching failure status as a parent.

These are not sex clubs people. They are peer support groups for a group of kids who have the highest suicide rate in all society, and are at the most fragile point in their lives. If you think that threatens the foundation of western society, then I am at a loss for words.
Well said!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.