View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
The retailer where you bought your St.Croix can bring in the replacement tip OR simply pull another rod off the shelf and hand it to you. This happened to me 2 times at Cabela's - so I'd disagree about St.Croix being any sort of scam - it really depends on where you bought it.

Warranty is No cost to you whatsoever.
It depends on the store, I brought my rod at the Fishing Hole, they no longer carry the rod in that size and I don't have the receipt so Im SOL.

If its not a scam why is it I can claim the rod under warranty for $55 US plus shipping there and back (worked out to around $120 Can) or I could just purchase a new section for $35US (43.68 Can) shipped?

Quote:
Silver Star Service Plan
$20
If there is a manufacturing error with your rod, we want to make things right. For a $20 shipping and handling fee,* we will repair or replace your rod, getting you back on the water as soon as possible.

Gold Star Service Plan
$55 - $120
Accidents happen. If your rod has been damaged, St. Croix’s Gold Star Service Plan provides quick repair or replacement without subjecting owners to a lengthy warranty claim process.

Gold star + Upgrade
$75 and above
Rod damaged beyond repair? Not to worry. Our upgrade plan makes it easy to move up to a higher performing rod with a new warranty.

https://stcroixrods.com/pages/service-warranty

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."