View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerThomson View Post
If by status quo you mean countless piles of facts and evidence accumulated over the course of history then yes I agree.
Thank you for proving my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagehunter View Post
I lived near the coast before coming to Canada, standing on the beach you can see incoming sail vessels on the horizon, flag first, then top mast until you finally can see the whole ship, no matter if using your eyes or a telescope.
How is that explained?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
Ok riddle me this ... why can't you see the mountains from Edmonton?

I get believing the earth is flat if civilization is also at a point where people explain the sun by saying it's a God in a chariot riding it across the sky.... I'd like to think most of us are past that.

Except for the people who think the moon uses the ocean as a salt water gas station?
Let's take a very simple example of the possible non curvature of the earth. The curvature of the earth is 8" of drop for every mile of distance squared. Let's take an easily observable distance of 2 miles, or 3.2 km. That would give us a curvature drop of 32" or 2.7'. It's absurd to claim that you can't see a canoe at just 3 km away on any body of calm water.