View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 01:06 PM

Default Tikka T3X Cabela’s Canada Special Edition Bolt Action Rifle

Hi Everyone. Figured I would get peoples' thoughts on this as I find it discussed at length anywhere else.

Main marketing features as far as I can tell of this package are the a) over-sized bolt handle, 2) additional grip components, 3) set trigger, and 4) muzzle brake.

Does this justify the price?

For comparison purposes, Sako's A7 roughtech pro is roughly the same price point. Mentioning this particular model, as the Sako A7 is roughly the big brother to the Tikka.

Tikka t3x lite - $959
Muzzle brake - $150-250
Set Trigger - $ ?? (what thats worth will vary for each person ie how badly do you want one)
Camo and improved grip - $100 (?) (I personally don't care about camo so I dont give it much weight in terms of worth.)
Oversized bolt handle - $100 (slightly above what a person could track down for a replacement bolt)

The math gets close to the asking price. Personally though, I dont think I can justify 50% increase for a polished-up Tikka T3 for the same price as the Sako Roughttech, considering the upgrades that the Sako still has over the gun.

Interested to get the conversation going on the value of these special edition guns and whether you think in this specific case the asking price is fair.

Thanks,

Code_4