View Single Post
Old 11-19-2023, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
Great buck SB! Some character there.

I was head mount for the longest time - Sheep, goats, caribou, all 3 species of deer in BC and bears. Last mount was in 2005 and it cost $595. I was shocked to see quotes of $1400+!

I now do all euros and shot a buck yesterday that will be getting ready for another euro today. I now take them to the Hutterites as they charge $40 and do an amazing job! They have done my last 2. I couldn't do it for the cost if including my time.

To degrease, I use TSP in moderation. Wrap you antler bases with tin foil before doing any of the boiling. I paint on the 40% peroxide and then wrap in saran wrap. When I did them, that is.

Again great buck!

Cheers

SS
Thanks!

Ya that price is getting up there. I had a hard time deciding on what to do. I'm very happy with choosing the euro mount. I love it.

And you know the best part.. the boss actually likes it and said I can hang it upstairs.

I didn't even think of the hutterites. They process meat, and everything else. So why not. For $40 you can't go wrong. It took me 6 hours to do. Plus materials. Propane, soap, peroxide. So that's a smokin deal.

Post some pics when you get your skull back I'd love to see it.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk