View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 04:52 PM

Well the morning was a good one. We got in the tree around 6am had a cub show up only to spook off. Then around 8:30 my son wanted to get out of the tree and go to camp so my buddy took him back. Plan was to pick me up at 11am.

Right at a 11 this bear shows up to the bait. As it’s coming in I can see it’s got a crease in its forehead to I assume it’s my target bear. Now I am thinking oh great my buddy/son will be here any moment to push the bear off haha. As u know it my son got his boots stuck in the mud before coming to get me causing them a 15 min delay. All I needed to smack this decent bear.

I double lung the bear it went 40 yards and expired. My son shows up literally 3 minutes after it all happened and got to be a part of his very first bear kill!

The story doesn’t end there as I said I assumed it was my target bear but after we left the bait my cellular cam sends me these pics

He’s in there right after we left which is crazy because we were in there cheering, laughing, pulling another bear out all the while he’s waiting on the fringe fro me to leave!!

Needless to say tag number two has a target and we are going back in tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk