View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 12:33 PM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
Ceremonial purposes redefined.....convert endangered salmon into beer money Friday afternoon and party all weekend.🖕
Even under the current restrictions, that is openly and blatantly occurring:

Before the ad was pulled, it had over thousand hits and a hundred shares on 1 forum.
Likely seen by 10,000 people.
Now removed as one very similar was too:

"https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van...926013492.html

Fresh Frazer River Salmon - $20 (Hope B.C)
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

Hi there, we're happy to report we have fresh Spring Salmon available for sale by the pound @4.00 dollars per. SOCKEYE have arrived and are 20.00 dollars each. Text if possible or email.

show contact info
Ask for Chris or Ashley.

Let's make a deal. Larger orders can get a reduced price per fish
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 6926013492"

FN openings were "supposed" to be "very restrictive in nature, and extremely limited as to number."
There have been over 50 DFO sanctioned in-river FN openings since the restrictions on Chinook were applied to every other sector.
Those openings occurred (and are occurring) on the most endangered runs of springs the Fraser has.

Very much a Tragedy, and one created directly by DFO catering to Blackmail Demands from the Fraser FN's.
There is some indication that the Minister may have been directed in these actions by the PMO.

MarkG: While I do applaud you attempting to define a solution, there is MUCH more at play here than a single cycle closure would turn around. I will get back to this thread and elaborate when I have a few minutes to do it some justice...

Nog