View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
Never thought of that. Right away that Seinfeld episode with the manssiere came to mind
Mine is slightly different, but also I do not really care what I look like in the bush

I think that harness is spot on and DEFINITELY better than wearing your binos around your neck.

Also, I did not find it more inconvenient using the binoculars with this harness. Although my binoculars being pretty small could be the reason. But I would recommend that thing to anyone. Or whatever I have, rather.
I found that unless I had the harness fairly tight the binoculars hung far lower than I prefer. I like to keep mine inside my jacket, and getting at them quickly and if they hang too low requires keeping my jacket half unzipped all day. Holding the binoculars up to my eyes against the stretch of the tight harness was more fatiguing than with a neck strap, especially because I usually glass one handed... because my rifle is in my other hand where it belongs.

For somebody who sits in a blind, or on a hill, and glasses for long periods I think keeping the bino's in case, or unhooking them from the harness would be ok. But for still hunting neither of these solutions is a good fit for manner in which binoculars are used.