View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayquiver View Post
How do you like the hip pouch? Any issues with it falling down or other issues? I want to move to something like this for day hunts. My rifle doesn't shoulder (fit/feel) properly while wearing my back when I have to make a quick shot.
For the most part no, I do need to hitch up my pants a few times in a day, but I haven't found it to be a major issue. I keep a micky bottle of water in my back pocket which I think helps keep the pack up, I think wearing suspenders on my pants might help a bit too. Way easyer to move through thick bush quietly than a regular pack.

For the backpack thing, I totally know what you're saying, I hate trying to shoot while wearing a pack with thick, padded straps. I have a really old canvas army surplus daypack with plain leather shoulder straps, I can shoot while wearing that pack pretty well.

I use a possibles bag when I hunt with my muzzleloader and have found it to be pretty convenient. I think a properly sized "man purse" could work well, probably use one as small as possible to carry just the necessities.