View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 03:04 PM

I have been thinking about this same thing since November. My dad has been using a Safari sling and when I tried it out I like the way it handles. I ended up getting one for Christmas and I've also made a couple out of paracord. The design allows you to have the gun in a safe ready position, while at the same time allowing you to use both hands to handle the binos. Great timing on this thread as I was actually watching Into The High Country on Wild TV this morning and noticed the way the guy was carrying his rifle. I took photos of it because I thought this would be a good way to carry as well, as long as the muzzle was above your head! It looks like he has the buttstock in a pocket made from webbing which is attached to his belt, or backpack, and then has another strap off the backpack around the forend of the rifle. I think this could be run with or with out a pack and I might try and set something up similar to this. The last picture is not a great shot of the paracord safari sling but gives an idea of how the rifle sits with the safari slings for those that have not seen them.