View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotebutcher View Post
I’m at that turning point in a mans life where he finally begs and cleans his way to buying another gun he doesn’t need.
^I'm in the exact same boat with any new gun purchase. I thought I was the only one. lol In my case, my wife stays right out of my affairs/purchases 99% of the time. She trusts me, and I don't betray that trust.

Not saying that I haven't forgotten the odd new rifle/shotgun in the truck until well after she's asleep at night, but that's just forgetfulness on my part.

To the question~the RPR in .243 was a gun I very seriously considered, and ended-up buying a new Savage in that caliber. (model 10, predator) That gun is gone, and likely to be replaced by a new Mauser M18 in .243 in 2019 sometime. Were I in your situation (with that list of options) I'd likely pick the 5r in 6.5, if only to try a new flavor. I SURE wouldn't let the $300 sway your decision. (or the other $200-$300 in dies/brass/bullets~see truck-in-driveway comment above for direction on that) Seriously though, don't think about the $1,200 deal...think about what you want to see when you open the safe. It matters more.