View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 08:01 PM

Thanks for all the responses, but I’ve had some time to thing now... wife approved a rare $1500 for a new gun so I’m looking at all the options I’ve wanted for a long time.
Rem 700 5r milspec in 6.5 creed $1500
Rem 700 magpul in either 260 or 6.5 creed $1300
Old shelf space burner .243 Ruger precision $1200
Ruger precision in 6.5 creed $1500
I’m at that turning point in a mans life where he finally begs and cleans his way to buying another gun he doesn’t need. I have a 243 so there’s the familiarity with the cartridge and components in my stock. But I would also really like to expand my caliber game to the 6.5’s of which I own none. Also don’t have a Remington or a Ruger center fire, and would like both. I do about 1500 rounds worth of shooting per year and will get use out of any new gun but it’ll be a couple years until I can earn another new purchase and I now can’t decide. Someone please pressure me in one direction or another.
For the money I’m still sure the 243 is probably the best way to go. Can always make it 260 or 6.5 creed, but then there’s the Beauty Remington’s. I suppose investment would be required to smooth out the function of the Remington’s, should I just pull the trigger (I had to) on the 243