View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo101 View Post
Was lucky enough to take this young buck. We had almost no expectations heading out to do some early season elk hunting/scouting. Hunting partner went to reach in my pack to grab the elk bugle to try a call and this guy walks out 18yards in front and gives me lots of time for a shot. He was quartering away more than I realized and the hole in the pic is the exit. I think the arrow must have deflected even more but He didn't make it 50yards.

Has been one of, if not the best eating deers I've ever had. Plus will get a euro done with the full velvet.

After buying a bow this year my goal was to harvest something with it, so mission accomplished! I am however a bit bummed to be done white tail hunting this early on.
Nice! A whitetail from the ground with a bow is a real trophy. Congrats

You aren’t done. Not even close. Think about it this way, how much can you learn about deer now that the pressure is off? Scout, hang trail cams, go out with a camera/spotting scope. Build up your “in-season” knowledge as much as possible, because I can almost guarantee the next one will make you work for it. Or go hunt mulies.