View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
What i dont like... is the road/truck hunters driving around with loaded guns..barrels out windows...shooting off truck mirrors. Checking field with thier scope instead of binos.

In the end its all legal to road hunt or walk a cutline. Hunters attacking hunters because of thier method of choice is just more fuel for the antis. If it bothers you that much...go buy some private land.
I think there is a problem with semantics here - do you consider a road hunter A.) someone who shoots from his truck or B.) someone who drives, gets out and blasts away? Because one is illegal and one is opportunistic. (Hint: Shooting from your vehicle = Illegal.)

I too have been scoped by a truck that rolled up to a cutline I was sitting in. They didn't even get out of the truck. I tell you, with the accidental shootings out of Ontario, it scares the $h!+ out of me.

I think the main issues people have with "road hunters" should really be called issues with "bad hunters". A road hunter is not necessarily a bad hunter, and vice versa.

So instead of painting road hunters with a wide brush, I prefer to berate and call out hunters who:

1. Recklessly scope other hunters with their rifles, whether from a truck or their own feet.

2. Willfully shoot on or into land they do not have permission for, whether on foot or in a vehicle.

3. Keep a loaded firearm in their vehicle while driving, or shoot from their vehicle.

4... I am sure there are many more...

So let's stop hating on people who can't drag their game a mile over coulees and prefer to have a truck nearby, and start hating on people who are JUST PLAIN UNSAFE.