View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 08:31 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKSniper View Post
People that strictly road hunt are not hunters, they are numb nut killers. No skills, no knowledge of the game they are after, no patience, no desire to walk or get cold. That's the reason I head as far into the woods as I can...to avoid these "hunters". Of course there are exceptions such as disabilities etc. But for the most part they are all idiots IMO.
Thats a heavy opinion with a wide brush. It must chap your behind when native subsistence hunters road hunt as well eh?

I think anyone saying a road hunter is not a hunter should really just go sign up to a forum where there is just the "Elite Hunter" group that walk around with a Holy Grail that only the best of the best can drink from.

I do both.. ive biked 5 kms to hike another km in 936... just to cart out meat . Ive sat in a cutline, a field, a blind, driven roads finding new areas to check out whether walk or drive around and do a combat roll out the door to take a doe for sausage. Doesnt mean im any less of a person or a hunter.

What i dont like... is the road/truck hunters driving around with loaded guns..barrels out windows...shooting off truck mirrors. Checking field with thier scope instead of binos.

In the end its all legal to road hunt or walk a cutline. Hunters attacking hunters because of thier method of choice is just more fuel for the antis. If it bothers you that much...go buy some private land.

Ah well, three days of solid hunting coming up...wooohooo. two days in my blind........ and one day...driving around ... in a totally new to me area exploring...oh no.