View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Hello Mesmerize. It was never my intention to smear the good name of your organization, or to denigrate the good work that your club does. I was only giving a friendly heads up to any AO members to do a little research before sending money. This is a new tourney (to me anyways), from a very new member.
I really miss the tourney's we use to have all over AB in the 80's and 90's. Even though you will be facing a lot of competition from other activities that occur on that free fishing weekend for all Albertan's, I really hope you have a good turnout and try to make this an annual affair.
With the thought of this tourney become an annual event, i would be happy to donate a door/raffle prize that will be worth aprox. 50.00. I invite any other member to donate whatever they could to help make this family fishing fun derby a success.
Personally,I was planning on bringing my grandson to his first fun derby at a closer location that has been hosted for years by another great organization but nothing wrong with trying to help you guys further south with yours.
Hi Waterninja,

I know that is not your intent and people do need to watch who they give their hard earned money to these days. I've fished in a lot of derby's around Central Alberta and I find a handful of them are poorly organized, the prizes are terrible and it's never clear where the proceeds are going so we are trying hard to organize a good derby that hopefully turns in to an annual event. We would appreciate any prize donations from you or any other AO members. In exchange for a prize donation you will be recognized on our Facebook page and at the derby.