View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezmerize View Post
Hi Waterninja,

Our Fishing Event Licence number is 5587545 CFE and it is on the poster near the bottom left corner. All proceeds from any of our fundraisers are donated back to Central Alberta community programs. Our intent for the fishing derby is to have a family friendly fishing event that's fun for the whole family and to raise a bit of money to be donated back to the community.
Hello Mesmerize. It was never my intention to smear the good name of your organization, or to denigrate the good work that your club does. I was only giving a friendly heads up to any AO members to do a little research before sending money. This is a new tourney (to me anyways), from a very new member.
I really miss the tourney's we use to have all over AB in the 80's and 90's. Even though you will be facing a lot of competition from other activities that occur on that free fishing weekend for all Albertan's, I really hope you have a good turnout and try to make this an annual affair.
With the thought of this tourney become an annual event, i would be happy to donate a door/raffle prize that will be worth aprox. 50.00. I invite any other member to donate whatever they could to help make this family fishing fun derby a success.
Personally,I was planning on bringing my grandson to his first fun derby at a closer location that has been hosted for years by another great organization but nothing wrong with trying to help you guys further south with yours.