View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Tell you what.. You give up your rights and keep your hands off of mine. This is a PATHETIC/STUPID/UNCONSTITUTIONAL/MORALLY WRONG procedure.

Anyone that goes along with these Gestapo ideas deserve every little piece of crap that that is coming down the pipe. You guys are just suckers that think this is ok in any fashion. Did you know that the cops can now demand a breath test on someone who may have been driving 2 hours ago? This is all disgusting.
What’s even more disgusting is getting a knock on the door that your wife or child was killed by an impaired driver. Planning the funeral of someone you love who was taken far too early by something completely preventable is pretty damn disgusting. Seeing how it affects the rest of your family for years to come is disgusting.

I certainly can’t profess to speak for you, but I’m my opinion I’d be a lot more
Concerned if someone I loved was killed by an impaired driver that was pulled over 20 minutes earlier but for whatever reason the cop didn’t have reasonable grounds to make them blow than I would be with a 2 minute inconvenience of blowing if I get pulled over.

To liken it to guns......no one is saying don’t drink anymore than someone is saying we can’t own guns. If your drinking take a cab, if your shooting do it within the confines of the law. Unfortunately there isn’t a like comparison between guns and random breath tests as they are fundamentally different things, but owning a gun is more like holding a drivers license. You need to be licensed for both, pass tests to legally do both, etc. Then, there is a set of laws to abide by to do both legally......and law enforcement have ways of ensuring that we are legally doing both.