View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Brandon, thanks for posting this. I've read about the technique but seeing the video really helps. To summarize:

- You have the 3 part flasher at the ball
- One more dummy single flasher about 5 ft from the ball
- Then the rod line, with flasher in-line, about another 5 ft up from the single dummy

60-70 feet down and bob's your uncle

I'm sure taking the motor out of gear would be bad for the follow-up tangle-fest so it looks to me like you kept some momentum going to prevent that.

Looks like all rods caught to and you did lose a lot. That was impressive to see you fighting 2 at once. Good work!

I might have to get me and wifey out there the next time this comes around.

Yup and I also clip a second rod about 8 to 10 feet about the first rod. So I put stops on my downrigger wire at 5 feet, 10 feet and 18 feet so I can easily place my clips on. I've lost two of those triple blades this season. One snagged on bottom. One the downrigger line broke on my buddies boat. So you can just run a single flasher off the ball too three feet behind. Works pretty much just as well from my experience.

Yeah they do have soft mouths and some days they kill the hoochie and they're hooked deep and you may lose one or two. Other days feels like they're barely biting and you can lose 50% or more. Thats quite typical sockeye fishing if you ask a lot of people.

My first time out with the wife and kids though I went 9/10. Then went out couple days later with a friend and I think we lost the first 8 hits in a row. Was bad that day.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures