View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
I'm sorry but that's no excuse for ripping people off.
In no way did I suggest that it was an excuse. I suggested that when people cannot get their regular trusted heating techs in the time frame they want (when its below -30, that's generally accepted as yesterday), they might choose to resort to a contractor unfamiliar to them who might price rather aggressively. I'm not excusing predatory pricing, I'm simply noting that the entire heating industry is very busy during such weather conditions. There no downside to asking about pricing before calling the tech out though, of course at that point parts costs would be an unknown, but you can get an idea by their labor rates or ask for their price on a common part.... Of course there is also the risk of those with too low of a labor rate where they may be any or all of the following: unqualified, un-insured, no business licence, incompetent, non-taxpaying, taillight warranty (warranty expires when you can no longer see their taillights), etc.

Personally, I'm just having breakfast now and off to a slightly leisurely start due to working until 10pm last night......

Last edited by CaberTosser; 02-20-2019 at 09:06 AM.