View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 09:32 PM

NOVEMBER 3
I think mother nature just doesn't want me to get a goat. Checked the weather for the weekend, it looked good on weather network. On my way out on Saturday it was foggy. But I went and continued working on my trail up the hill. Marked my trail up to the 400 meter elevation and ran out of flagging tape. I couldn't see very far, so I figured if I got near goats they'd be gone before I ever seen them. So I headed back down the hill.

As I got back down, I went and checked out another spot I've been kind of keeping my eye on. I spotted one goat still up pretty high and then blasted on home. As soon as I crossed my eastern boundary, it was crystal blue sky.

Today I kind of slept in so I was contemplating on if I should go out or not. But it was a nice blue sky out and I'd hate myself for not going out. So I headed out. I stopped to check the one spot I've been keeping an eye on. Right away I picked out a nanny working her way down the mountain. I watched her until she disappeared. Then I blasted off to my go to spot. Sure as **** it was foggy there. The mountains I guess have been holding it there. So I decided to maybe go back to where I seen the nanny headed down. I thought it'd be a quick jaunt to the base of the mountain. I can see why I didn't go through in the summer. I spotted one goat down lower, I was pretty sure it was a nanny but anyways. I was crashing through the alders and devils club, the low goat disappeared. However I spotted a goat up high. As I was crashing through I stopped to take a look at him and he was looking down at me. I carried on and then I seen the high goat headed up higher. I got to the base and being later in the day I turned around and crashed my way out.

I did find some flagging tape and somewhat of a trail, but it's pretty overgrown with alders now. Wouldn't be hard for someone to clear it out.