View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 08:43 AM

I have fished alot of fresh water from northwestern ontario to into bc in my time. Trophy pike and walleye can co exist in the same body of water but it takes planning with a good execution. Wab is a really good example of failure.

1 they did not stock bait fish. They should have a bait fish hatchery right on the lake that takes them in milks a bunch of them then releases them spring and fall by the millions.

2. A slot size of 40cm or lower on walleye 1 a day. This gives a family a day out on the water and a decent meal at the end of it. Any walleye over 40cm is a mature breeder.

3. The white fish population needs help on this lake. In order to make big pike you need a healthy whit fish population. Time to start milking a couple hundred breeders during the spawn to be raised in a hatchery and released once they are 8 to 10" in length.

I think If these steps were taken it would be 5 years time we would start to see a population of larger pike in the lake and a sustainable no tag system for walleye were everyone can be happy.

Gbuss