View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 10:29 AM
Gone Hunting

For a few years I lived in a camper year round.
The only way to keep warm in the colder weather was with additional heat, IE space heaters. Electric only. Up to four at a time.

I tried about every type on the market, Ceramic wire element, oil filled, you name it.

The ones that worked best and most efficiently as far as I could tell were the wire element types. The oil filled gave a more even heat but had no other advantage. the others took up more space then needed or were more expensive then needed. They all heated about the same judging by warmth and power consumption.

At present I have two in my basement/workshop. One conventional wire element and one monster ceramic/hypo-whatever filter programmable heater.

They put out the same BTUs but one is ten times the price and almost ten times the size.
The smaller one can be repaired although it wouldn't be worth it, cheaper to replace. The bigger one has a burnt out element and replacement elements are not available. It only heats on low now.

But it looks cool with it's LED temperature readout and imitation wood cabinet.

George Bernard Shaw