View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 09:08 AM

Depends on the room etc. What I would use in a garage is different than what I would use in a large interior space, which may be different from what I'd use in a smaller interior room.

In a garage, I look for a heater that heats up the space quickly, so high BTU and a fan.

For the basement and bedrooms, the oil-filled heater is really the best that I have had, mine has lasted a long time - over twenty years. I like to place it near where there is some natural air movement so it distributes the heat better.

I have a milkhouse heater (don't use it much anymore as it generates more noise than heat). I have tried those dish radiant heaters, and they are decent, just not as practical if little kids are running around. They do feel nice, though.

I recently bought a twin-pack of personal heaters from Costco - they are mini-towers, they oscillate and have a fan-only mode as well. My thermally-challenged daughter keeps one in her bedroom and it's quite nice; it's quiet and heats well. We'll see how well it lasts.

My biggest heating challenge is the garage - Thankfully it's drywalled and insulated, so if I need to work in there, I will put a heater or two in the garage an hour or two before I intend to do some work. The downside is that it will cool down instantly (when someone opens the overhead door) and take a while to heat up again. When I am feeling a bit richer, I'll put a proper heater in the garage.