View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool View Post
Last winter I bought a “milk house” style heater at Peavey Mart for like $27 or something like that, works fine, little bit of fan noise but not unbearable.
As my gym is closed I currently work out in my old wooden garage (about 15x30 or so) - little to no insulation.

No external heat so I use a Kero unit. It was -18 when I went in to warm it up the other day. Got it up to -5 over the course of an hour

Just a comment re the milk crate heaters. Over the years I have had two of the Paton made ones (think it is only one 'T'). I would lug them around the house and wrap the cable around them when not in use during the summer. Both of them eventually failed where the plug exited the body of the heater at the rear. I reckon they lasted 2-3 seasons.

I had a pic of the one when it "failed" but may have since deleted it. I got up one morning and plugged the unit in and went into the bathroom to get ready. I literally heard a pop and saw a flash and ran into my room to see it arcing out. Ripped the plug out of the wall and threw the smoking unit in my tub. Still have a slight burn mark on the carpet to this day.

I suspect that this style of heater is made by one or two companies and simply branded differently.