View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 12:11 PM

I don’t live far from the release site, I’ve driven out to hopewell several times and never left the truck.... 20 or so vehicles parked on the side of the road, and all the hunters concentrated in a small area. I can only assume it’s where the release truck dropped the birds. Im surprised nobody gets shot.

In talking with a few folks that go out there and they say it’s bad. Almost like a war zone- as folks try to each shoot some birds with little regard to who or what is between them and the bird or behind it. I’m surprised that a pheasant is worth so much!

While it is a great opportunity to hunt pheasants close to the city, I would be in full support for having the site closed to hunting in the afternoon to allow the release truck operator a safe opportunity to drop the birds and at least give the birds half a chance to settle before being shot, and potentially provide a safer hunting opportunity for those using the site.

On the trajectory of the current “hunting” practices out there it’s only a matter of time before an accident occurs.