View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikka250 View Post
That's for CENTERFIRE pistols and rifles. Rimfire is a completely different deal. These as well as many other 25 round mags are perfectly legal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Nope,

For handguns the magazine limit of 10 is for both centerfire and rimfire.
BD is correct, ALL handgun magazines, whether center fire or rimfire have a limit of ten rounds in Canada.

With semi automatic long guns, of the center fire variety, the magazine limit is 5 rounds. With rim fire long guns, there is no magazine limit (hence the 25, 30, and even 100 rounds magazines available and formerly legal for the 10/22). The problem came when the Ruger Charger handgun was imported to Canada, and accepted the same magazines as the Ruger 10/22....and the 10/22 mags over 10 rounds became prohib status overnight because they would fit the Charger hand gun. My understanding is so far the RCMP had declined to charge anyone with possession of prohibited devices on these 10+ magazines to date (but they have confiscated some as prohib devices), as I think they prefer not to have it challenged in court and a precedent set on their 'law making' ability. A number of different firearms associations would apparently like to have someone charged so they can challenge it....but I'm not current on whether or not there is anything in the works on it.

Best article on it I could find:

https://calibremag.ca/1022-magazine-update/

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone