View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 02:58 AM

Do like that paint job CNP. It's cool!!

I do have one "black rifle", an STG44 replica in .22LR, fun to shoot, but as it weighs within a few ounces of the real thing, a bit of a pig to carry. Can't imagine how that felt along with 1/2doz mags or more at the end of a long days march.
I was thinking maybe a 6.5 in a STAG10 would be fun, til I looked at the weight. Leave that one for the young 'uns to pack around, worse than the STG by the time you dress it up. STG is 12 with a scope, STAG would be pushing 14.
Does have a longer barrel though. 600NE in a SxS is only 12-13, and a lot nicer to carry.
I would like to have a hammer shotgun, but, I'll likely catch a hammer and bust it in the blind, so it will have to be a walking gun. I could have bought one with what I spent on the #1, but, I have enough shotguns (?). There again too, I had enough rifles, but, HAD to have a #1 in the safe. Looked hard at kipplaufs as well, settled for the least destructive force on the pocketbook. And I still need to rebarrel the Rook rifle.

I blame it all on reading Gun Digest when I wuz a kid. It's all Elmer Keith's and Jack O'Connors and Ken Waters and John Amber's and Jim Carmichael's and Robert Ruark's fault. Dat's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!