View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Yeah, but that's a whole different thread in itself. If it works for you who's to say that it's wrong? I just like taking the one well placed shot into the vitals and if I know that it's a good shot, why bother taking a second rushed shot and risk hitting it in the hind quarter or whatever. I'm a meat hunter though so that would make the difference in my case. If it were a once in a lifetime animal where the antlers were a priority over the meat I'd probably aim a little forward to the front of the vitals towards the leg though. I could also see myself shooting at the animal until it was out of sight. It hasn't happened yet so I don't know for sure.
Let me ask you this, do you know where every bullet you shoot hits exactly every time? I really doubt it.

The shooting of an animal shouldnt be dictated by horns or meat! Either way the shot should be for a fast clean kill. Unless that animal goes down you do not know how far it will be going. No one on here can guarentee 100% that their bullet is gunna hit exactly where they aim and that that animal will only go a short distance.
To me if an animal runs off its still alive and with a bullet in it, then to me its suffering. I try and shoot till that animal is down and not moving if possible. I will never let an animal run off if I can do something to avoid it.
Again if people are worried more about how many steaks they wreck instead of killing the animal as quick as possible then they are worried about the wrong things when hunting!
SG