View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitscottn View Post
I switched from a trufire strap to the Carter first choice (used).

My reason to move away from the wrist strap was a little plucking but mostly I was finding the anchor was inconsistent with the strap rotating slightly or pulling my wrist into tension and tweaking the works.

Put on/take off gloves was a pain and put another wrench into it all.

Took about 9 arrows to understand how the thumb barrel release feels and to smarten my groups up.

I found the difference in consistency was huge in favour of the thumb barrel and more comfortable to shoot.

First year using it for hunting, no deer within range but harvested a few grouse without too much worry. Just wearing light liner gloves and had my hands in my pocket to keep the fingers warm.

The one thing I dislike is the audible click when you connect it to the d-loop. It’s quite noticeable in the bush so I just leave it on a the second I start walking. Little cold to the touch last week lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well said. My experience has been exactly the same. I have a Nock2it. My likes and dislikes for hunting are exactly the same. For spot and stalk I just preferred my wrist release, which I seem to shoot better with after spending a lot of time with the Nock2it. But for stands or blinds the Thumb release is great.