Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Banned

to paraphrase from bill maher's recent new rules.

until someone claims to see christopher hitchens face in a tree stump, then idiots must stop claiming that athiesm is a religion.

there is one little difference religion is defined at the belief in and worship of a super human controlling power, and athiesm is precisely not that.

athiesm is a religion like abstenence is a sex position.

there is a growing trend in this country that needs to be called out, and that is to label any evidence based belief a religion, many conservatives now say that man made belief in climate change is a religion, and darwinism is a religion, and of course athiesm the total lack of a religion is a religion.according to the always reliable encycolpedia moronica.

now it's a dodge of course straight out of the grand intelectual position of I know you are but what am i.

it's a way of saying hey we all believe in some sort of faith based malarky so lets call it a push, no, no no no no no, it's not fair that people who can't defend their own nonsense get to create a fake, fair and balanced argument, the way they do when inserting that evolution and creationism are equally valid.

when it comes to religion we are not 2 sides of the same coin, and you don't get to put your unreason upon the same shelf as my reason, your stuff has to go over there on the shelf with zeus and thor and cracken, with the stuff that is not evidence based,stuff that religious people never change their mind about no matter what happens, that's not athiesm, I am open to anything to which there is evidence, show me a god and I will believe in him. if jesus were to come down tommorow I will say my bad praise the lord.

and short of that if you still insist athiesm is a religion then it's only fair that we got to do all the loony stuff you get to do.