Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post

BTW, when Jesus went and did his prayer stuff in the garden of Gethsemane, his disciples kept falling asleep, right? So who was the witness to what Jesus said and did, when all were sleeping? Hmmmm, curious, isn't it?

There sure is a whole bunch of mystical stuff that happens when there are no witnesses, don't you think? Tons of angels appearing to whisper stuff to men removed from those they preach to afterwards.

We may disagree, but I do appreciate an honest debate. You will not change my mind, nor I yours, but it is good to discuss without getting into personalities.
Matthew 26:38-40

Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me."

Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?" he asked Peter.

Note:

1. “Jesus said stay here and keep watch with me.” Would it be reasonable to then conclude they were in visible and audible range of Jesus?

2. Going a little further, not a lot further Jesus fell to the ground. Therefore one could conclude that they were still in visible and audible range of Jesus.

3. How long would it take for Jesus to fall to the ground and pray, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will?” Would it take one hour? I don’t think so. However, Jesus returns to his disciples who he finds asleep and asks “could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?” Therefore, following what they heard and saw Jesus do, they fell asleep, so what did Jesus do during that remaining time? We might never know because the disciples had fallen asleep. My best quess is that he prayed and meditated on the future events that were about to happen.

I would like to do this with all your arguments, but I do have time restraints. This will definitely improve my typing skills and hopefully grammer, spelling...etc.

"We may disagree, but I do appreciate an honest debate. You will not change my mind, nor I yours, but it is good to discuss without getting into personalities" - ditto

avp3: I asked some questions earlier, but could not find no answers. Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and was manifested in the flesh?

Last edited by 30Cal; 02-10-2012 at 03:07 AM.