Thread: States Elk Hunt
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2023, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildside View Post
I was thinking of a rifle hunt. Would love to experience the rut and some calling action. Like the idea of foothills/mountain terrain. I have experience hunting just not much hunting elk. I don’t need anything fancy for lodging. Used to staying in a tent. Comfortable on a horse and can do some hiking. I could do a week long hunt. I think any bull in the 350 range would be exceptional. I’m not wealthy but don’t mind spending some money on a once in a lifetime experience. I turn 50 in 2026. Thanks for all the responses so far.
350 range will cost a fair chunk. Im not even sure how much, but think in the 15 to 20k range likely and that could be more for 330ish type bulls. One thing to remember is that the rut hunts in a lot of places (not all) is primarily an archery hunt.

I use Epic Outdoors for my tag applications in the states and just looked at my online portal where they have guided hunts. A rifle rut hunt in Utah for a 300 inch avergae (possibility of 340) is 18,900usd. For a 350 average hunt its 30k. In New Mexico for an october muzzleloader hunt on a unit wide landowner tag with an average bull of 320 inches, its 14k usd

Last edited by Esox; 10-27-2023 at 11:08 AM.