View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Looks like a perfect set up. Like you said, anything bigger and it's time for a 1 ton diesel. Would be ideal on any bigger lake too.

I am not a fan of Mercs anymore - so I don't blame you swapping out the motor to avoid frustrations like that. A Yamaha would be my first choice for inshore - but that would mean new controls and a potentially a whole lot more money all-in.

People seem to like the newer Mercs - so hopefully they will be great motors as they begin to age - only time will tell. So far, people like them.
You are correct, and with the family this vehicle works well for the wife and kids to get around town as well.

Yeah I was between a Yamaha, Suzuki and a Mercury. It was a toss up. I ended up buying a new control anyways for the mercury. I just don't like the looks of the Yamaha and sound (frivilous things, vanity), I know it is a great engine. The new suzuki are supposed to be really well liked as well and I would have considered getting one but already had the merc kicker so decided I wanted a match, not to be the guy with two different brands. I just know people who already had good things to say about the Merc and when I did a little google search seemed like I found more complaints about the Yamaha then the mercury. So far so good. They all have issues eventually. I hope mine goes a long while without any major issues. Mercury parts and mechanics are super easy to come by out on the coast. Apparently Yamaha is similar.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures