View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
If your afraid of getting hurt it can happen in many ways,if you think your going to injure your self don't pick it up,plain and simple.I am not good with heights so I avoid cliffs and places I may fall.The only thing on this planet that I have no control over Chuck is my creator and I have no fear of him one bit,the rest is all good to go,but I know my limitations trust me there.

If my mag explodes and I die then it was meant to be,like I said before no one is going to like the same things ido,so enjoy your deal. I went through this large and small cartridge stuff 35 years ago and I wanted to be good with a mag when I guided for backup,thick bush they get wounded and swim or take of in into cut outs and pop out 900 yards away,that animal is hurt so I want to anchor him anyway possible or I have a night mare on my hands.

THIS only happened 3 times a green hunter did this to me and all 3 times I was very lucky.So there 's different tools for different situations that occur that you don't expect. If a guest wounds a moose 150 yards from water and it takes me a few minutes to figure that's the way it went he's already swam a 1000 plus and he's 100 yards from the shore I need to drop him as he steps out of that lake and hits heavy timber and never to be seen again,so I pick my tools for breaken bones,backs or busten even a hip,as long as it stop him.Lung shots are the best but wounded game mostly only heads the other way.

So I got use to using that tool which was 7mm stw and 300 win and it's never let me down so no kid from gunwerks is changing my mind.

All the power to you and teaching your kids well in hunting shooting and being the best parent you can be,that I respect very much cause I never had that deal,but I am not your child and have always took my own path,so I will shoot what i wish and after 50 years of shooting so far so good.

I like smaller stuff and also enjoy bigger cartridges along with well made rifles,i can feel pain and if hurts I stop right away.
If something is hurting you , stop right away and when you start as a young shooter start small and see what you can use that gives you proper shot placement ever time,then move up if you wish,if not it's all cool and pick your tool.
I’m talking about your ears. You know. Adding a break. Permanent damage to your hearing. That is not subjective.

-Billy Molls