View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritofr View Post
I'm in.

Dungeon articulated streamer
Hooooooollllyyyy $#*¥!!
I just googled that fly outta curiosity,and OMFG....WOW!!
That thing is just SICK!! .....and I don't even make a habit of saying "sick"?
Crazy action in the water....just incredible fly by all accounts,I can see myself falling in love with tying and fishing Dungeons!

Coincidentally,just last night I was going thru my supplies and realized that I'm gonna need some more appropriate sized coneheads for the swap fly I'm tying.In the process,I found several dozen dumbbells that I had forgotten I bought last year,and whipped off a few clousers.Then I got to thinking......hmmm....instead of coneheads,I wonder how I could incorporate dumbbell eyes into a muddler head?I didn't try
it cuz I wasn't sure how it would balance,tie to top or bottom of shank,if the fly would ride upside down,if I could spin hair around dumbbell,etc.,and thought maybe I'd experiment with it some other time?Now thanks to you,I've seen not only that YES it can be done,but also how to do it,and the results are
amazing!I can't hardly wait to tie and fish an entire arsenal of these fish slaying bad boyz!
Sure wish I could tie this fast,LMAO>>>>http://globalflyfisher.com/video/fly...ps-sex-dungeon

that's one of the things I love about swaps,as often as not it seems I discover some incredible new fly that I absolutely have to have more of.

Also kritofr,that's an incredible amount of time and work to put into a swap fly...WOW!!
Really appreciate the effort and look forward to seeing your flies.

Last edited by grinr; 01-16-2013 at 05:45 PM.