View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 04:54 PM
Gone Hunting

I've been working on brass for a few rifles.

It started with working up a load for my brother's 6mm.

Then, since I had the equipment fired up already I decided to process some brass I bought off Skidderman a couple of years ago.

So out came the 30-30 and 30-06 brass. Then my sister in North Star called, she had a fresh beef liver for me if I wanted it. Which of course I did.

During the visit that followed she went looking for a user manual for something she wanted me to fix, (I forgot what that was) and in one package she opened was a hand full of 30-378 Wby empties and misfired cartridges.
Only a shallow indent in the primer, not enough to set them off. And they were filthy. So I offered to clean them.

That lead me to researching the 30-378 as I had never heard of it before.
Interesting cartridge. More a canon without wheels than a sporting cartridge but very interesting non the less.

So now I'm on my last batch of 30-30 brass. All the 6mm and 30-30 brass is ready for primers and loading, but I am out of primers.

So, next step, a trip to Peace River for supplies. I may have to order online, Peace River only as a CT store that handles reloading supplies but I prefer to buy locally when possible so I'll make the trip and see what I can find.

For those who wonder shy I wouldn't call ahead, I've tried that a few times in the past only to find out that the clerk I talked to had no idea what they had in stock. So it's just a lot easier and effective to go and make it a multi task trip.

We need eggs and I hear my sister in Weberville is overstocked, plus they just butchered three steers and she has a 50 lb bag of real suet she kept for me from the slaughtering.

So that's what I've been doing on my bench. Oh, that and putting together a few hundred more camera mounts.

George Bernard Shaw