View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 09:30 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
A barbless treble makes a big difference or bend the points over if you are still finding issues. Removing trebles from the belly of a crankbait can effect the balance. Replacing with singles of similar weight does work

Personally find a barbless treble is fine and easy to remove. I also find treble don’t penetrate as deep because of where the three points meet.

For 10 years I tested the results of treble vs single on rainbows in a private closed system. When it comes to lures a barbless treble vs a barbless single is very close with both having advantages and disadvantages over the other when talking mortality and long term damage.

Personally I will take a barbless treble of appropriate size any day. I have my reason and backed by close controlled observation where I could see long term results beyond just seeing fish swim away out fishing

Either way appropriate handling and limited handling time is important.
your right there smokey...if you adjust your lures ensure you see what the action was prior to and after....a little tweaking can be a good thing or throw it for a loop....oh and gonna spend all today with your lures dedicated to reek havoc on the pike...more to follow.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...