View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 08:51 AM

[QUOTE=Poppa;4175877]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwelds191 View Post
Once I knew I needed those terminal rings, I went to CT and found some with the heat shrink tubing, so I can do that I figure. As for mounting the 'ducer......I can't figure out, am I drilling a hole and then putting a bolt into it? Or am I drilling a screw in there (what is the screw "sticking" to, because the hull is only like an inch thick, right??) I've got some marine adhesive/caulking type stuff that we used for another thing. But yeah, the instruction manual seems pretty straight forward. Hoping to have it all set up this week so we can hit Sylvan again on Saturday eve!

appreciate the info sir!
Sorry for the late reply, I hope I didn't derail another day for you without setting up that beauty fishfinder you got now.

Yes, you're supposed to be drilling 3 holes (1 for each of the vertical spaces) in the plastic mounting piece. You'll want to have it mounted horizontal to the waterline, and just below (1/8th of an inch or so) the bottom of your boat.

Once you've pegged where to and drilled the holes, you're going to be putting a bolt through and then a nut inside your boat to secure it. I should mention here, I mentioned in my previous post about adapting to your boats characteristics and layout... I ended up putting the bolt through from the inside, and nut to secure on outside. I'd recommend doing it from the outside, though, as there is the cover cap that needs to cover the entire assembly, and it is based on the bolt going through from the outside.

Cheers!