View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 01:58 PM

[QUOTE=jwelds191;4175783]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post

You've got this Poppa!

The instruction manual for mounting the transducer is okay, but you've got to improvise depending on your boats characteristics & layout. It took me a night and a full day to get all the holes (ie 3) drilled, epoxied, and transducer mounted and wiring tucked away nicely. Well worth the work though, it ended up being more intimidating than it actually was.

Had to run to the hardware store 3 times for the small electrical stuff like terminal rings, wiring caps and heat shrink. You've been warned! lol
Once I knew I needed those terminal rings, I went to CT and found some with the heat shrink tubing, so I can do that I figure. As for mounting the 'ducer......I can't figure out, am I drilling a hole and then putting a bolt into it? Or am I drilling a screw in there (what is the screw "sticking" to, because the hull is only like an inch thick, right??) I've got some marine adhesive/caulking type stuff that we used for another thing. But yeah, the instruction manual seems pretty straight forward. Hoping to have it all set up this week so we can hit Sylvan again on Saturday eve!

appreciate the info sir!