View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 12:19 PM
Shooting Xs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Oops, I was beaten to the link. Mendicino's refusal to touch a firearm comes at 11:04 in the video. Apologies if the source is not right-wing enough to be able to render it unbelievable.

https://www.tvo.org/video/documentar...ate/ep-1--guns

If the Liberals want to increase the ATT requirements, perhaps they should also have to demonstrate how many ATT violations by licensed individuals have occurred since ATT's have been a thing and how making them more onerous will improve things. I say licensed individuals because this is all that will be afftected by legislation, gang bangers will continue doing their thing regardless.

I was at an event at the Calgary Shooting Center where Glen Motz was a guest speaker, he stuck me as a well spoken, principled fellow. He's a great advocate for licensed firearms owners.

Given the choice between a gentelman who's spent an entire career in front line policing versus a lawyer who would plead out countless criminal cases and send the perps back out among us, I know who I'll side with.
As far as the proposed changes to the ATT's are concerned ,this topic and many others, were discussed at the Senate Committee hearings earlier this week.
The persons representing their respective Gun Orgs. gave a pretty good account of the how the ATT's as they stand now are adequate and the lack of statistical data proving any issue exists to require any additional need for changes as far as ongoing Public Safety is concerned.
As already stated in this thread ,personally I believe these spokespeople did a tremendous job at these Hearings representing Legal Firearm owners in Canada.