View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 11:37 AM

Mr. Snap, surprised you didn't mention getting out for some fall action, weather is looking good for the next week??? I haven't put anything away might get out again this afternoon.

Guess C-bait hasn't seen our new sign off Lakeshore Drive, yet!

Mr. Bullets
, yes the water temp is dropping, I have insulated waders, long johns & 2 pair wool socks. My knees are above the water, you need to keep the feet warm/dry, working the flippers helps do that. I haven't caught any Perch nor Walleye fishing at this time of year off the Main Pier or Light House, but have caught them there ice fishin, too. I don't bother with bait, no need for Whites, they can't resist my micro Mr. Twister.

Side Note:
The Mrs cooked up a number of fillets yesterday, she commented that the texture of meat isn't as firm as when I get some ice fishin. I can't eat fish, due to allergies, so can't confirm, but found her observation interesting ... have others experience this with Whites ?

I was waiting for someone to comment on how I handled that big Pike, had to put it in Khabib leg hold to extract the hook, that said, no issues with a clean release.

See ....