View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 03:46 PM

Default Sight In Conditions

Do you sight in your rifle during the warm summer months, and not check again all fall, or do you verify the zero in colder weather that is more like the weather that you will be hunting in? Do you practice using field positions, or from a bench? I drew antlered moose and deer at Camp Wainwright, so I decided that I should do a final sight in once the temperatures dropped . As well, my friend that will be getting a partner license for my moose wanted to do some cool weather shooting. I use the BRH retical, so I decided to sight in at 200m with the main crosshairs. My first three shots were low and not a very good group, but the barrel was cleaned and stripped of copper, since I shot it last, and my last sight in was at 200 yards on another range, in warm temperatures. I made a scope adjustment, and the next shot was in the bullseye at 200m. Two more shots, and I had a .600" group in the bullseye. We the took out the triggersticks, since my friend had never used them, and shot to 300m off of the sticks, both sitting and standing. We made consistent hits on the gongs off of the sticks, so we called it a day. He was so impressed with the trigger sticks tripod, that he is getting a set of his own , to replace his bipods.